Reactors & Heat Exchangers
Heat exchangers are devices that are used to transfer thermal energy from one fluid to another without mixing the two fluids. The fluids are usually separated by a solid wall (with high thermal conductivity) to prevent mixing or they may be in direct contact.
- 1Bioreactor, a device which controls a biologically active environment.
- 2Chemical reactor, a device for containing and controlling a chemical reaction
- 3Fusion reactor, a device for containing and controlling a fusion power reaction
- 4An inductor (possessing reactance) in an electrical power grid
- 5A current limiting reactor is used to limit starting current of motors and to protect variable frequency drives
- 6Nuclear reactor, a device for containing and controlling a nuclear reaction
- 7Reactor (software), a physics simulation engine
- 8The reactor pattern, a design pattern used in concurrent programming